Our 9 Days Kenya Cycling Biking Safari Adventures is a guided tour with a customized private safari mini Vehicle purposely designed for the tusk and a reliable team of dedicated and experienced local mountain biker’s.
Start your safari. Travel to Lake Baringo. Afternoon soft cycling round Campi ya Samaki. 08.00h – Start your mountain biking Adventure from Nairobi. Travel North-West into the Great Rift Valley. Stop over at escarpment view point followed by continued drive passing the equatorial line, deep into the Rift Valley to Lake Baringo. Afternoon relaxed cycling in vicinity of the lake getting to know your support team, bike and new environment while enjoying spectacular views of the lake and the Rift’s escarpments. Dinner and overnight at the camp under Acacia Trees on shores of Lake Baringo. Lake Baringo is a fresh water Rift Valley lake, famous for its extra ordinary variety bird life, Hippos and Crocodiles. DAY’s BIKING: (1-2 hrs with site seeing; 5-7 kms covered in combination of tarmac and dirt track).
• A paradise for birdwatchers. • The freshwater lake is famous for its birds, fish, crocodiles and hippos. • Giraffes and other grazers are present on the north of the lake. Lake Baringo is a renowned birding location in Kenya, boasting over 500 species of bird. It is one of only 2 fresh water lakes in the Rift Valley system, therefore attracting different wildlife and holding fast as a unique destination. Its also a habitat for many species of animals, including, hippo, crocodile, and many other mammals, amphibians, reptiles and the invertebrates. Boat trips are ideal for bird and hippo spotting.
Full day spent cycling with wildlife viewing at Lake Bogoria National Reserve. After breakfast depart with bikes to Lake Bogoria national reserve for a day trip. The reserve is famous for its spouting fountains of boiling water from the geysers and captivating views of Rift Valley’s steep walls. Picnic lunch in the park followed by ride back to camp as you look for grazing game en-route. OPTIONAL: Cultural visits to Pokot, Tugen & Njemps tribe can be arranged at afternoon hours for extra cost. DAY’s BIKING: (3-6 hrs with site seeing; 30-80 kms covered in combination of tarmac and dirt track).
• The pink cloud of flamingos. • Bubbling geysers with the most spectacular hot water volcanic springs. • One of the best places to see Greater Kudu.Lake Baringo is located in the northern Kenyan Rift Valley. The lake is famous for the pink flamingos which are found in large numbers. Geothermal activity in the form of hot springs and geysers are located on the western shore and also has the largest number of geysers in Africa.
Early morning Lake Baringo boat-ride. Travel to Lake Nakuru NP with afternoon game-drive. Early Morning Lake Baringo-Boat Ride in company of local ornithological guide on lookout for magnificent bird life, Hippos and Crocodiles. Return to your camp for breakfast followed by departure to Lake Nakuru for afternoon game-drive at Lake Nakuru National Park. This park is known for its rich bird life especially the Lesser and Greater Flamingo, not to mention the numerous White as well as Black Rhinos and Lions among other game. DAY’s BIKING: (Non – road travel and game-drive only).
• Large flocks of pink flamingos and pelicans that line the shore. • Sightings of white rhino and the endangered black rhino. • Greatest bird spectacle in the world. • Home to a spectacular array of wildlife including colobus monkey, leopard, spring hare, hippo, waterbuck, lion etc. One of the top tourist attractions in Kenya, Lake Nakuru is home to the greatest bird spectacle on earth. Over a million flamingos and pelicans can be seen here, its also a sanctuary for the endangered black rhino and Rothschild giraffe. The Park is ideal for bird watching, hiking, picnic and game drives.
Transfer on the top of Mau-Narok hills with downhill till Maji Moto via Narok town. After breakfast depart South-West into the Rift Valley via Mau Hills to Maji Moto with some good mountain biking. Start cycling from the top of these hills. The route will take you through highland farms down to the flat grounds of savannah to reach Maji Moto in the late afternoon hours. Lunch stop over at Narok town. Afternoon spent in camp leisure, guided Nature Walk and Maasai Cultural briefing with fire making presentation “Maasai style” followed by winding down the day with camp fire stories in the company of local host. DAY’s BIKING: (3-6 hrs through highland farms and savannah; 40-90 kms covered in combination of tarmac and dirt track).
• Guided nature walks in company of Maasai tribesman. • Night game-drives with good chance spotting: Aardvark, Bat-eared fox, Porcupine, Bush-baby… • Wildlife trekking at Loita Plains. • Local School visits and support. • Natural hot springs to refresh and soak away the days exertions. Encounter the authentic Maasai culture and the beautiful nature of Kenya and experience the rich wildlife on foot. Enjoy the experience of a lifetime, and know that your trip is also helping local children enjoy the benefits of education by visiting Local School. Useful and educational School material is always welcome (wall posters, books, pens & pencils, chock…).
Get to know the Maasai tribesmen, nature and their culture on walking safari to Loita Hills. Afternoon visit the local school and the village-centre. Nestled on a hilltop deep in Maasai lands and overlooking vast savannah plains, Maji Moto Eco Camp is a small, environmentally-sensitive retreat. Operated by Maasai people from the nearby village of Maji Moto, a stay here will immerse you not only in the intense natural beauty of the Loita Hills, but also in the ancient culture and knowledge of the Maasai. Full day activities will be organized for you that day. Start with morning Loita Hills trek for splendid views over the area. Afternoon camp leisure preparing for descent into Maji Moto village centre (on foot or with mountain bike) to check out how life runs in these small remote African village. After dinner, If you’ll prefer, bathing under the stars at hot-springs can be arranged. DAY’s BIKING: (We have scheduled trekking Loita Hills for you that day. Althought some biking can be done in the afternoon 1-2 hrs from camp to the village; 6 kms covered on dirt track).
Full day mountain biking and wildlife tracing round Maji Moto Village and the Loita Plains. After an early breakfast depart on full day mountain biking adventure on Loita Plains in surroundings of Maji Moto Village. Today you’ll join cycling the open savannah with wildlife trekking enroute. DAY’s BIKING: (3-6 hrs through open savannah full of wildlife; 20-50 kms covered on dirt track).
Paddle through Loita Plains full of wildlife towards Masai Mara NR. Vehicle will pick you up just before entering the Park. Afternoon game-drive with Sundowner. After breakfast – Maasai Warrior training; measuring skills in Sisal stick fighting, spear throwing and archery will be organized. Saddle your bikes and start cycling towards the famous Masai Mara National Reserve!The cycling route will lead you through open savannahs full of plain-wildlife. You can cycle up to the park gate where our support vehicles will pick you up for transfer with game-drive enroute up to your accommodation place at the heart of these park. At that stage you’ll leave your mountain bike-guide and continue with your driver guide alone to national park for game-drives. Afternoon short game-drive till evening with Sundowner, following BIG FIVE at this world’s prime Wild reserve. DAY’s BIKING: (3-6 hrs through open savannah full of wildlife; 40-80 kms covered on dirt track).
Full day spent at Masai Mara National Reserve on morning and afternoon game-drive. Morning & Afternoon game-drive at these exceptional wilderness – Africa’s Wildlife Reserve with the biggest population of Lions. Masai Mara also hosts yearly event (June-October) “Great Wildebeest migration”. An amazing spectacle when millions of Wildebeest migrate from Serengeti in search for greener pastures. OPTIONAL: 1)Add extra day at Masai Mara; 2)Hot-air Balloon flight can be organized with prior arrangements! DAY’s BIKING: (Non – game-drive only).
• Game drives at the legendary Masai Mara. • The foremost attraction – The massive Annual Wildebeest Migration. • Renowned for its black-manned lions. • Close up sightings of cheetah. • Optional scenic hot air balloon expeditions across the endless plains. The Masai Mara hosts the worlds natural greatest spectacle – the Annual Wildebeest migration which occurs from June to October when the Mara becomes host to an almost unimaginable 1.7 million of wildebeest and 260 thousand zebra seeking the grasses raised by the Spring rains of April and May. NOTE: The Maasai Mara is an all year round destination with the big cats, and all the big game still in the Masai Mara Ecosystem.
Early morning game-drive. Travel back to Nairobi. OPTIONAL: FLY direct from MARA to NAIROBI or DIANI. End of service. After an early breakfast depart on your last game-drive at Masai Mara NR enroute till park gate. Drive back towards Nairobi. Return back to Nairobi at afternoon hours with drop off at preferred place within city. DAY’s BIKING: (Non – game-drive and travel only).